Every year, children from the Lake Travis area wake up to presents and meals made possible by the LTlov Green Santa Program. Some of our neighbors are dealing with limiting circumstances and need a little help to make their children’s celebration of the holiday season a little brighter. Together with the community of resident and business partners, LTlov provides gifts, gift cards, and grocery cards to families during the holidays.
With the holidays just a few weeks away, we would like to remind you that many Lake Travis families could use a little help from the rest of us. So many of our neighbors are struggling financially due to the pandemic this year and it will be very hard for them to give their kids gifts.
If you would like to apply for a Green Santa Gift Box, please fill out this application form or download and print a form to fill manually here. As funding is limited, gifts will be awarded on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis and are not guaranteed. Once your application has been processed, you will receive an email or text with your Family Number. Gifts will be given to each child based on the selections made on the application. Applications will be accepted beginning Sunday, November 1st through Tuesday December 1st – applications must be received before Tuesday, December 1st to be processed. If you have and additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
Si desea solicitar una Caja de regalo de Papá Noel verde, complete este formulario de solicitud o descargue e imprima un formulario para completar manualmente aqui. Como la financiación es limitada, los obsequios se otorgarán por orden de llegada y no están garantizados. Una vez que su solicitud haya sido procesada, recibirá un correo electrónico o mensaje de texto con su Número de Familia. Los obsequios se entregarán a cada niño según las selecciones realizadas en la solicitud. Las solicitudes se aceptarán a partir del domingo 1 de noviembre hasta el martes 1 de diciembre; las solicitudes deben recibirse antes del martes 1 de diciembre para ser procesadas. Si tiene preguntas adicionales, comuníquese con firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to help out, this is where you can step in and be a “Neighbor Helping Neighbors”. Below are several ways you can make a difference during these special times:
- Make a cash donation to Green Santa with all funds going directly to kids in need by using the Donate box on this page.
- Buy a gift that has been preselected by our Green Santa Elves through Amazon.com by using the Shop Direct box on this page.
- Drop off toys at one of our wonderful Green Santa Lake Travis businesses between November 17th and December 7th.
- Read for neighbors in need by participating in the Lake Travis Community Library Holiday Reading Challenge Benefiting Green Santa. If the community collectively reads 100,000 minutes from November 1st to December 31st, the library will donate $1,000 to Green Santa. Click here for more information to help us meet that goal!
- Have your school-aged child experience the joy of giving by bringing a new, unwrapped toy for kids, infant through 17 years old, to school to fill our Green Santa Donation Bins, which will be at each LTISD campus from November 5th through December 3rd. Most needed items include, sports equipment, art supplies, games, blocks/building toys, trucks, dolls and HEB or Target gift certificates. At Lake Travis Independent School District, it has been a holiday tradition for the students to bring toys for children who may have little or no gifts for the holidays and in 2020, the students will be experiencing the joy of giving. Teach your child the true meaning of the holidays by giving to others.
- Due to the pandemic, you may be looking for a unique way to spread holiday cheer. Consider a Give Back Event and host a Holiday Party Benefiting Green Santa following Covid-19 protocols with guests bringing an unwrapped toy for a needy child, and then drop them off at one of our school or supporting business locations. Use your imagination, events can be virtual or live. Registered children range in age from infant to 17 and live at or under the poverty line. Embrace the spirit of the giving season and throw a party with a higher purpose.
For more information on the Green Santa program and ideas on hosting a give back event benefiting Green Santa, please contact email@example.com