So many of our neighbors are struggling financially due to the pandemic this year and it will be very hard for them to give their kids gifts.
This is where you can step in and be a “Neighbor Helping Neighbors”. Below are several ways you can make a difference during these special times:
- Make a cash donation to Green Santa with all funds going directly to kids in need by using the Donate box on this page.
- Buy a gift that has been preselected by our Green Santa Elves through Amazon.com by using the Shop Direct box on this page.
- Attend the Point of Origin Event Benefiting Green Santa on Thursday, November 5th. Click here to buy tickets for $10.00 or $15.00 at the door and learn more about times and special Covid-19 precautions to make this a fun and safe event for all.
- Read for neighbors in need by participating in the Lake Travis Community Library Holiday Reading Challenge Benefiting Green Santa. If the community collectively reads 100,000 minutes from November 1st to December 31st, the library will donate $1,000 to Green Santa. Click here for more information to help us meet that goal!
- Have your school-aged child experience the joy of giving by bringing an unwrapped toy to school to fill our Green Santa Donation Bins between November 5th – December 3rd. At Lake Travis Independent School District, it has been a holiday tradition for the students to bring toys for children who may have little or no gifts for the holidays. And in 2020, the students will be experiencing the joy of giving. Have your child drop off a new, unwrapped toy for kids, infant through 17 years old at their school. Green Santa collection toy bins will be at each campus from November 5th through December 3rd. Most needed items include, sports equipment, art supplies, games, blocks/building toys, trucks, dolls and HEB or Target gift certificates. Teach your child the true meaning of the holidays by giving to others.
- Bring toys to one of our wonderful Green Santa Lake Travis businesses between November 17th and December 7th. Click here for a listing of 2020 local businesses participating in Green Santa.
- The holidays are just around the corner. Due to the pandemic, you may be looking for a unique way to spread holiday cheer. Consider a Give Back Event and host a Holiday Party Benefiting Green Santa following Covid-19 protocols with guests bringing an unwrapped toy for a needy child, and then drop them off at one of our school or supporting business locations. Use your imagination, events can be virtual or live. Registered children range in age from infant to 17 and live at or under the poverty line. Embrace the spirit of the giving season and throw a party with a higher purpose. For more information and ideas on hosting a give back event benefiting Green Santa, please contact Sheryl Kelly at email@example.com.